You like ribs, right? Saturday features a Backyard BBQ contest where amateur grillers get their ribs on for 8 hours using fresh pork ribs -- yum! And you have the chance to win two tickets. How spectacular is that?
Here's a little info from the Swinetastic folks to give you an idea of what the festival is all about:
"CQue Events is happy to bring to historic Frederick, Maryland a nationally sanctioned BBQ Contest, just like you see on the Food Network and A&E’s BBQ Pitmaster’s. The Great Frederick Fairgrounds will be the setting for this great event. The festival will be a two day event with Saturday's contest being the nationally sanctioned Kansas City BBQ Society event. This event will be held during father’s day weekend, with live music, games, great food and a beer garden!! Proceeds will benefit the American Cancer Society and the Frederick County Mental Health Association.. Come out and see BBQ teams from all over the country compete for great prizes and trophies. "
And while you're at it, there will be tons of fun and talented food vendors on site really to ply you with their tasty wares. And music! And a place for the kids to play! And a beer garden! Did I also mention, the weather is supposed to be perfect???? Booyah!!
Now, just because I like to put a little icing on top of an already sweet cake, I'll also be doing a fun demo from 2:30-3:30...on stage! You know I do love an audience, and I'd love to see you there. I'll be demoing two tasty side dishes (I am no pit master and will leave that to the pros!) and will absolutely be having some fun.
So here's what you need to do:
- Leave a comment on this blog and tell me your favorite BBQ. (Isn't that easy?)
- Comments left on our Facebook page will NOT be counted (sorry!)
- We'll do a drawing Friday evening at 6p to choose the winner, so have your comment in no later than 5p, 6/14/13.
- Tickets are good for Saturday only (11a-7p)
- There is no cash value for these tickets. You get tix to a fun day. So enjoy that.
- Don't panic if you don't see your comment right away. I filter them to avoid spam so you don't have to see ads for Viagra and stuff. Don't worry -- I don't judge or edit them, I just hate all that stupid spam.