I thought about topics. I didn't want to come off all "me me me", but I wanted to be sure that they understood what The Kitchen Studio is and be interested enough to give us a try. Then it came to me: Food Trends. That could be related to both the world we live in today AND The Kitchen Studio. Here are some of the trends I spoke about:
- Fine Dining Restaurants offering bar & prix fixe menus to appeal to a more cost-conscious crowd as well as their usual customer
- Bistro fare becoming more popular than ever as we look to comfort food during an uncomfortable economic time
- Cooking class enrollment increasing (yay, and please keep on coming to see us!)
- Kids cooking like crazy (Summer Camps are Still Registering! Visit our web site!)
- Kitchen gardens and the appeal to plant an organic garden at The White House
- 100-Mile Cooking (eating only food that comes from within 100 miles of your home, something that could easily be done in such a rich agricultural area like ours)
- Private Cooking Classes ('nuff said)
- Food Blogging (duh)
- Culinary Team Building (the most fun thing EVER in a work/team-building scenario)
I have to say, the group was fantastic. They were good spirited and laughed at all the right places. Many members even spoke to me after I finished, which was a welcome end. I was sweating bullets beforehand and thought I might throw-up on my shoes, so I'm pretty happy that didn't happen.
Cookies were passed out, brochures were distributed, and I really enjoyed myself. It just came to show yet one more reason that I love owning a small business in Frederick.